Friday, September 17, 2021

The mental health side of weight loss - how do you stay positive when there are setbacks? Also Noom vs MFP?

Hi all,

One of the things I struggle with the most is the emotional and mental side of weight loss. I go from feeling really good and positive about my choices - generally in the morning - to going into “storm eating” (as Noom calls it) and then feeling terrible about it, or getting a glimpse of my body in the evening and wondering if I did “enough.” I know this mentality is unhealthy, but it’s what I’m working with. Physically, I’m not engaging in disordered eating — I get at least 1,800 calories a day (I’m 5’8 and 225lbs at the moment) so I’m not worried that I’m starving, and I’ve never binged and purged. But I know I can definitely have some nicer things to say to myself... but how to do it?

I’ve also been going back and forth between Noom and My Fitness Pal. My Fitness Pal is significantly cheaper, offers better reporting, and lets me know when I’ve gone over, and is easier to log. Noom has a lot of educational elements, which I don’t need so much at this point (having been at this for a while, I know what to do... I just need to do it), but also includes some of that mental health stuff I’m looking for... but it doesn’t really let me know if I’ve gone over very well, and I find that I’m basically eating the same amount I always have.

Do you have an opinion on Noom versus My Fitness Pal? Or any ideas on how to keep things positive in the face of such negativity?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/lyssabee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zdfx4c

No comments:

Post a Comment