Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Trying to stay motivated

30F 5' 7" SW/CW:191lbs GW:135lbs

I've been a lurker for a bit, and very new to posting, but posting now to try to maintain my motivation.

I've been trying to lose weight for the last ten years, and my weight would yoyo with the extreme restriction/binge habits I would go through, always ending up higher than my starting weight prior to "dieting". I would try the newest fad diet, or restrict myself to 1200 calories, but it would never last past a couple weeks. The lowest I've ever been is 135lbs, but that was when I lived at home, didn't have to cook my own meals, and couldn't get take out or easily get to restaurants with friends, so I've never been able to intrinsically motivate myself around weight loss.

Thought I would start afresh on my 30th birthday, as I hit my highest weight ever, and recently started strength/resistance training at a gym and doing CICO again (but this time giving myself only a 500 calorie deficit goal instead of trying to stick to 1200 calories a day). I've been doing well with the training and the calorie counting for the last few weeks, but I haven't seen any changes at all on the scale, which has really been demotivating. I'm seeing so many amazing stories on this subreddit, and I'm hoping that, by posting this, I can try to help myself stay motivated. I know there are NSVs but it's so hard for me to see any changes to my body that I like outside of the scale.

If anyone else has experienced this/has any tips for me, that would be most appreciated!! Or if anyone else has experienced the first few weeks/months seeing no changes, and then a sudden change on the scale, it would be really nice to hear your stories!!

submitted by /u/s_a_s_h_ii
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tMmpEI

No comments:

Post a Comment