Saturday, September 4, 2021

Weight lifting, CICO and feeling hungrier the next day

Note: because it always comes up in these threads, please don’t tell me about how exercise is not necessary for weight loss. I know, and I want to exercise for other reasons besides weight loss (mental health, preventing back pain, for fun).

30F, 5’9”, sw 270, CW 255, GW 270

I have lost 15 lbs in the last few weeks doing CICO with MyFitnessPal; I have it set to lose 1 lb a week which comes out to about a 500 calorie deficit a day, I think. I’ve been moderately active with walks and playing Ring Fit Adventure a couple times a week. I log half the time i exercise in MFP and eat those calories because I know I get exhausted and miserable if I don’t eat enough when I exercise.

I’m ready to start exercising more. My goal is to roller skate once a week and go to the gym to do strength training twice a week. (I’ll do other stuff too but those are the big ones.) My physical therapist has advised me to spend a month doing weight machines and lighter barbell exercises before I get back into trying to lift heavy again so I’m doing that now. But since I’m out of practice it’s still pretty challenging.

This week I went skating on Tuesday, went to the gym on Wednesday, and ate back the gym calories on Wednesday night. But I felt very hungry on Thursday and ended up unable to sleep until I ate about 400 calories of snack over my daily goal.

I’m thinking I’ll probably need to eat more the day after working out at night, or else balance my calories differently (like, more protein, eating bigger breakfasts and less for other meals). Have others experienced this? On a practical level, how do you handle daily CICO knowing you’ll want (and probably need) to eat more the day after a heavy workout?

submitted by /u/BeauteousMaximus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zOU6HU

No comments:

Post a Comment