Thursday, September 16, 2021

Weight loss question

Good afternoon! Just joined and am looking for some encouragement and suggestions. I m 34/F, and have recently begun a weight loss journey. I have working out consistently with a friend for about two months now but am not really seeing the results I was hoping for.

We do a lot of weight training (every other day usually, for roughly 2 hours if not a little less), so I get that my lack of weight loss is directly connected to the muscle I’m building, but I’m trying to do cardio on the days we don’t go to the gym to balance it out. The good news is that I do feel world’s better than I did before this started; the bad news is, the numbers on the scale aren’t going down as fast as I’d like.

I lost about 10 lbs in the first month before immediately gaining half of it back and staying there ever since. Now I just fluctuate around that weight.

I eat roughly 1400 to 1500 calories a day and am almost always in a deficit, only have coke/eat out once a week, take some vitamins and supplements (B12, probiotics, and MCT oil), so I’m not sure what else I can do to encourage results sooner.

Before you suggest it, yes, I’ve been measuring inches too, and other than some minor loss at the start, that’s been a stalemate too. The thing is, I look in the mirror and can see a difference, but the numbers say otherwise and it’s hard not to be discouraged.

I’m worried hormones or something like genetics are fighting me here. But maybe I’m just rushing things since it’s only been 2 months.

ETA: sorry! Am on mobile and forgot something as important as height and weight: 5’5”, and 195 lbs. The aforementioned loss has brought me to about 190lbs.

submitted by /u/dragonbornette
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XotTkQ

No comments:

Post a Comment