Monday, September 6, 2021

Weight loss struggle during COVID.

It’s almost embarrassing to admit, but I gained weight during this pandemic. And I’m not talking a little weight. Im talking a lot of weight.

And I’m almost ashamed to admit that it’s been a struggle for me my entire life.

So here I am again, on a weight loss journey. But this time I have a rock solid accountability partner, which is something new.

But I do have to cut myself some slack. I worked myself to the dirt, went into the hospital and fought with doctors to let me back to work. Then once I returned, that same job I loved became the thing that almost broke me. During all of this, my grandma (everyone who knows me knows how close we were) passed away, and I couldn’t even visit due to the lockdown.

I began to crumble.

I ate my way through all of my problems. But no one around me would say anything to me. I knew it was unhealthy, but I couldn’t help it. I needed a way to get those oh so precious endorphins, and such an easy way was to just eat. The taste of something sweet, or sour, or hot, savory, whatever it was. It was my escape.

But after a while, I didn’t feel like escaping anymore. In all honesty, for a while, escaping was no longer working - I was just miserable in general.

So I did it. I got help. I went to a dietician, and three months in I’ve lost 15 lbs. that may seem small, but considering I had tried every diet I could think of (IF, low-carb, HIT + high protein, vegetarian, etc) and up to this point I hadn’t been able to sustain weight loss, well, I was ecstatic.

I hope that you can share in my excitement. I’ve found the number one thing to help is time. Enough time to hit milestones, enough time to see the differences, but most importantly, enough time to heal.

I haven’t posted either of the left pictures, because I was so (and still am somewhat) embarrassed by them. But, here’s the thing. Life is full of changes. And that was my past self. I’ve changed since then, both physically and mentally. And I hope to keep changing.

Here I am so far - with the pictures I’m talking about.

submitted by /u/HadoukenKitty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3yS3yJ7

No comments:

Post a Comment