Thursday, September 2, 2021

Went to the gym for the first time in a couple years. Was anxious at first but now I'm looking forward to going again!

Yesterday I signed up for gym (Planet Fitness) and scheduled a personal trainer session. I wasn't expecting much. From the reviews I saw, it was basically someone who just gives you a piece of paper with a routine for the machines and says good luck. I have bad social anxiety as well. It took a lot just to sign up. Having this low expectation didn't help. Almost blew it off. But I'm glad I didn't.

I went in and a woman about my age was my personal trainer for the day. Her build is similar to what I would like to work on for myself, so I was already interested in what she had to say.

I thought we were just going to go to some machines but she took me immediately to the free weights. I've never worked with free weights before because I didn't know how. I was super interested in learning how.

We went thru some arms, back, and ab exercises. She worked with me to find a good weight range to work with and how many reps. She said to make 2 more appointments with her so we can map out my other days. Then she said to do the same in a month so we can update the plan.

She was super nice and personable. I told her about my weight loss journey and she seemed truly interested. She was just as excited to see my progress as I am. She made the whole experience so much less scary than my anxiety had made it out to be. I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to going back!

submitted by /u/Cyllandra
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38BzDKs

No comments:

Post a Comment