Tuesday, September 7, 2021

went to a nutritionist to get weight loss advice but it ended up being a bust

F, 23, HW: 398lb, CW:308lb, GW:175lb

After losing 90lb all by myself with healthy eating at a calorie deficit, and working out 4-5 times a week, my weight loss has stalled a bit. Im still losing weight but its gotten slow. Like gone from losing 2-4lb a week to losing 0.5-2lb a week. Its like 7-8.5lb a month.

So I decided to visit a nutritionist to get some advice and info. To see if Im eating a decent portion of food, protein to carb ratio, activity levels, if my tdee is right for my weight and height, etc.

She proceeded to ask me 3 times if I had lost the weight naturally or with "diet pills." Her reaction told me she did not believe I did it naturally. Shamed me for eating 130-150g protein daily. Said too much protein could lead to kidney failure. Tried to sell me diet pills and some "smoothie detox powder" to reset my system to give a shock to my body to reboot it. Like im lost for words. You are in this route to help people. Not sell products that wont work after stopping to use it.

This solidified the fact that what ive been doing has been working the best for me. I see ppl eating 170g+ protein and they are fine. I rather eat protein such as healthy chicken, tuna, salmon, etc with veggies. Just last year I used to binge on 20 chicken tenders, greasy fatty fries, and heaps of ranch. Now Im eating oatmeal, fruits, almond milk, grilled meat and chicken, eggs, whole foods, minimally processed foods. I feel so much better. I have energy. I can move around. My quality of life is better.

So moral of the story is, just because they have the label of "registered nutritionist," or "dietitian," doesnt mean crap. Trust ur body and trust the process. As long as ur eating healthy and in ur deficit, working out, feeling good and seeing results, ur doing amazing. Id take this slow process over any diet pill and quick fix.

submitted by /u/zahimahi97
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nd07uc

No comments:

Post a Comment