Thursday, April 25, 2024

Fell off the wagon a little, but I’m still seeing results, and I’m kinda shocked

My stats: 5’4, 155lb, 21F

For most of my life I’ve been pretty petite, stayed within the 120lb mark for most of my teens, but once I hit my twenties I was kinda hit with a wake up call. I’ve always eaten terribly, never been active, yet I was still able to keep my figure in shape, once I hit 20 though, it seems it’s not so easy anymore. I went from being 120, to 140, to gradually now 155. I was in denial for quite a long time, but in beginning of march this year I finally started to get a grip on myself, and promised myself I would try to change my life for the better.

Losing weight was admittedly new to me, I’ve never calorie counted in my life, never been on a diet, so I had no idea how fast I could lose the weight or how hard I’d have to push. I started with a calorie deficit of 1200 a day, with treadmill running a few times a week. I started paying attention to what I was eating on a regular basis, and it was… humbling to say the least. I’d casually sit on the couch and eat through jars of Nutella and condensed milk, never bothered to look at the calories. It’s like 120 calories for TWO tablespoons of condensed milk, meanwhile I’d eat half the tin in one sitting. No wonder I’d gained.

I was on a roll for a month, and using a pair of my favourite jeans as measurement for weight loss. When I first started, I couldn’t get the zipper up, they used to be baggy on me over a year ago. I’d put them on every new week, and notice I was getting closer to zipping them up. However, around week 4, I started losing my discipline. Stopped calorie counting every day, and kinda went back to eating freely. At this point though, I was still mindful of the calorie label on my food, and there was no more jars of Nutella and condensed milk. Even though I felt like I “fell off the wagon”, it still was different from before. It was like there was this “awareness” now that there wasn’t before.

For the last few weeks, I felt very disappointed in myself and promised I’d get back to the calorie counting asap, (easier said than done). I decided I’d try on the measurement jeans to hold myself accountable, and was prepared to see all the small progress lost. In reality, I slipped into them with ease and the zipper went up with no fuss. I was kind of shocked, and still am. I did NOT think I would still be losing. I went on the scale, discovered it had finally broke so I couldn’t see the physical number, but I’m very scared/excited to see it when I buy a new one.

This turned out to be the extra motivation I needed, and I was able to run 40 minutes on the treadmill for the first time ever, after barely managing 15 previously, and I’m now back on my calorie deficit. I know that this is a journey in itself, and there will be many falling off the wagon weeks to come, but I’m grateful this has pushed me further to not give up on this and go back to my old ways. For the first time ever, I’m using the treadmill every day and finally beginning to care more about what I choose to eat. It’s crazy, but I want to continue choosing this life.

submitted by /u/PlasticLove24
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xaYzp5R

No comments:

Post a Comment