Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Why do we guilt ourselves for when the scale goes up??

Ugh I just feel so ashamed and upset about my little 1 lb weight gain.

it was Easter long weekend so ofc I enjoyed some chocolate and a marvellous traditional turkey dinner with the family.

As normal, I stepped on the scale this morning and realized I gained 1 lbs. however, I still managed to lose 2 inches on my waist which is pretty good considering how I really indulged this past weekend.

It sucks though, I usually don’t beat myself up over it or at least been trying not to but I feel like my mother is trying to make me feel worse about it than I already do. She thinks because I’m not “beating myself up over it” that I “don’t care” or “given up” which is completely false because this is what weight loss is. Nobody’s ever perfect so ofc the scale is going to fluctuate, which is why I HATe using it in the first place.

I know that what she says to me is from out of love and because she’s been through it health wise she’s much harder on me however, I feel like because she’s so old school her facts are so outdated and does make you feel bad and wanna give up.

We just have different opinions about weight loss. Her idea of weight loss means scale where as mine it’s more fat loss/body recomposition. Ofc I want the number to go down which eventually it will as it’s done in the past (I gain muscle and body recomposition way faster than what the scale says). my focus is the changes in the mirror, in my clothes, in my overall heath etc. and I have seen those changes and am continuing to do so.

Idk I just feel like she’s SO hard on me and it weighs me down. I know I’ve started this weight loss since January and I’ve seen noticeable changes, more off scale than on scale which to me is way better.

How do you guys deal with coming back from a holiday like this? Like Xmas or thanksgiving?

submitted by /u/astarr_123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ry1H5dY

No comments:

Post a Comment