Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Losing 1 lb/month at 1200 kcals

Hi all! Like most people here, I've been trying to lose weight. I (23F, 5'3) started at 140 pounds in early October, aiming for 1200 calories a day, as was suggested by some calculator.

While not every day has been perfect (the holidays were rough lol) I've largely stuck to 1200 the past 7 months, counting calories daily and weighing multiple times a week. I've also been running and strength training, 2-4 times a week, along with walking. I focus on protein, fiber, and volume.

Today I looked at my little weight tracker Excel and it showed that on average, per month, I only lose a pound. I'm down 8 pounds from when I started. While progress is progress, and scales don't account for muscle gain, I'm still disheartened by this. It just doesn't seem right that at such a low intake, it takes me 4 weeks to lose what people lose in a week.

I've been considering trying to increase to 1500 and seeing if that changes anything. Frankly, I'm losing motivation with these results.

Is this a normal weight loss pace for someone my size, or am I doing something wrong? Is it even healthy to be at 1200 calories for an extended period of time? Should I just be patient and stick to the course?

Thank you for any insight, communities like this have been really useful over the past few months and I've learned so much about nutrition and self improvement!

submitted by /u/flyeeh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/l5hbWdp

No comments:

Post a Comment