Friday, April 19, 2024

less steep of a calorie deficit —> bad idea?

24F, 5’9”

just wrapped up month three of my weight loss journey and things have been going well, i’ve lost 32 pounds (260 to 228)! i’m as motivated as ever, super excited to see where the rest of this year takes me.

i’ve been eating 1450 calories a day consistently, which was an 800ish deficit at my starting weight. although MFP tried to lower this number as my weight decreased, i knew trying to eat less than that wasn’t sustainable for me so i’ve kept the same calorie allotment and accepted that my weight loss would naturally slow down as my TDEE did.

admittedly, most days i feel dizzy and lightheaded despite prioritizing protein (i aim for at least 100g a day). i get bad headaches and hunger pains and i thought they would go away after eating less for months but they haven’t, if anything they’ve gotten worse. i’ve grown accustomed to chewing gum, ice, etc to try and distract myself but i do really feel like shit sometimes.

because of this, i’ve considered upping my calories to 1600ish, slowing the weight loss but hopefully offsetting the symptoms i get. however, i’m worried that eating more will be a slippery slope and soon i’ll be eating 1650, then 1700, then 1800, and before i know it i’ll be right back where i started and lose motivation entirely. any advice on how to to handle this or if i should just suck it up and accept temporary discomfort for long term results?

submitted by /u/ignoretenderness
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dDHLgiR

No comments:

Post a Comment