Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Calculating Goal Weight?

Hi! I am 5’9” (and a half lol) and 33F. I’ve lost about 60 pounds! It’s been a long journey since March of 2020, and because of my weight loss I am now in remission from a rare brain disease (IIH, anyone?).

I started at 260 and am now hovering around 200… tbh I think I look pretty good (I gained muscle and my body shape is more defined/hourglass-esque :) Losing weight now is super hard - I find I have to cut to like 1600 calories and still strength train, get my 10k steps a day. I’ve tried upping to 1700/1800 and will lose, just way more slowly! When I tried to do around 2000-2100 I gained (I got to 190 and regained 10 this way when I was trying “intuitive eating” lol).

Anyways, all this to say - how do y’all calculate your goal weight? The BMI seems outdated, and so many people I know are considered “overweight” by its standards but appear objectively thin…

I want to be really committed in April and hopefully this will be my last 5ish months of strict calorie counting and then I can ease into maintenance. I am thinking 175? 175 has always been this number in my head, but BMI says that is still overweight. I feel like it would be perfect for me, though?

Sorry for the long post - any perspectives are v appreciated 🫶

submitted by /u/jeanrhysthewitch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/4r8MKOm

No comments:

Post a Comment