Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Starting today at 353lbs

I’m a 35F and 5‘8”. I’ve always been overweight but between 8 years of grad school, (I’m finally done!), anxiety, 2 kids* and the pandemic I’ve gotten up to 353. :( I was 246lb senior year of college. I believe this is my highest outside of pregnancy. I have this issue where if I don’t carefully control and document my calories, I gain weight. I slipped for 3 months and went from 340 to 353! I’m back on track but notice I’m still hungry frequently at 3000 calories a day (I burn around 3500 a day). If I don’t stop myself at all I can eat 4000+ a day. I think my antidepressant and birth control maybe playing a role, but I can’t go off them. (They are ones that MAY cause weight gain long term, science is divided). I have ADHD and anxiety/OCD. Depression currently in remission. I have an appt with the weight loss medicine people in July. I’ve done all the diets, seen 3 nutritionists, have psych people, exercise a lot, I just want something to work without me being hungry and obsessed with food/exercise/dieting all the time.

So here I am at 353 and I’m hoping to get below 300lbs. I was last there at the end of 2019 (the Christmas miracle). Hoping for some encouragement/suggestions/stories. I feel like everything else in my life is going great, just the weight.

*I feel extremely lucky to have borne 2 healthy kids naturally. I’m sure I would be laughed out of any Fertility clinic.

submitted by /u/Weightmonster
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pV3CY9W

No comments:

Post a Comment