Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Went to the gym and lifted for the first time in my life!!!!

I finally joined the gym! I was so exited I’ve been wanting to join ever since I’ve started my weight loss journey a month ago!

I’m 35 F starting weight 265 ( biggest I’ve ever been 😫) 5’6, and I have a heart condition and the doctor recently told me I’m pre diabetic, between the shock of the number on the scale and the doctor telling me that it kicked my ass into over drive and I decided it was time to take control of my life! Some of you may remember my post. I also deal with anxiety, panic disorder, PTSD, depression, ocd, borderline personality disorder, and bipolar. My mental health was a big reason I gained so much weight.

I made my first post on Reddit to this subreddit and so many people commented and gave me support and advice and it was so helpful and inspiring so thank you!

I had no self confidence at all, I was so insecure and fear was controlling my life. I doubted myself and didn’t think I was capable of so many things… but I am! I am worthy! I can do so many things I didn’t believe I could do. I believe in myself now, I’m falling inlove with myself again. And it feels so good. I feel so alive. And I’m so grateful I have the control and the chance to change things! For anyone out there struggling and feeling like you’re trapped in your own mind and body let me tell you I’ve sat there in that prison never realizing the whole time I held the key!

After my work out I felt high on life, like I was floating. I was a little nervous going in there… everyone was in great shape and here comes me 😂 but I did it, I faced fear in the face and said fuck you! Im doing this for me! No one gave me dirty looks, everyone was nice… that fear was lying to me. We’re so much more capable than we realize if we just believe in ourselves.

I know this post is all over the place, but to the people that took the time to comment on my other post and take the time to show me love and support thank you! I truly appreciate you and your kindness.

I’ve lost 23lbs so far, 94 more to go! I can’t wait to see where this journey takes me 🥰

submitted by /u/PenguinOnAMission
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xf5FlJQ

No comments:

Post a Comment