Thursday, April 18, 2024

I started with too few calories, now I don't know how to fix it! Help!

Hey everyone! I posted this in the Q&A thread but it seems like it might be a bit too complex for that thread. Essentially, everyone on here and my boyfriend motivated me to lose weight. I've always been heavy. In undergrad an abusive relationship had me drop down to 180, and I was happy with myself, even though still a bit overweight.
During the pandemic I gained a bunch of weight all the way up to 250. This past month and a half (starting at 245) I've gotten down to 231 and I want to be able to like who I see in the mirror. I'm VERY excited about my progress and feel a lot of motivation to continue. I have been very disciplined and have been sticking strictly to 1600 calories a day.
Well that's where the problem starts. I went to calculate my TDEE today since now that I've lost more than 10 pounds I figured I might have to change. Well you can guess how shocked I was to see my maintenance even at THIS weight is meant to be around 2400 and for safe weight loss it recommends 1900 calories. Now I'm so panicked. I think I messed up. I don't have anywhere to go if I need to drop lower, but I'm scared to bring my calories up. If I bring them up, I might regain all the weight I've lost since my body surely has adjusted to where I'm at now.
Does anyone have any suggestions? What should I do? I don't want to yo-yo diet, I want to lose weight safely and I don't want to cut calories so much that I'm rapidly dropping weight. I must've done something wrong with the first TDEE calculator, which is why I dropped so low. I could've sworn it said 1600 for me

submitted by /u/Anxious_Art_8777
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/msX8zl0

No comments:

Post a Comment