Monday, April 15, 2024

Weight loss journey / low cal vs. low carb

Hi everyone :) My weight loss journey (this time around, anyway) began on Jan 29th of this year. For the first 44 days I counted calories but didn't cut out refined carbs. But when I got my blood tests (lipids, a1c of 6.3) back, I decided it was time to make more changes, so I switched to the same 1200 calorie a day diet but this time trying to keep my net carbs down to 50 per day. This lasted 32 days so far. It's not supposed to be keto, I'm doing it for my blood glucose. I've documented all of my weigh-ins and nutritional data in MyFitnessPal since the very start, so I decided to take advantage of the data export feature and see for myself how the low cal diet stood up against the low cal/carb diet in terms of weight loss. Given the same outgoing calorie ins/outs I lose considerably more weight (average weight loss per day) on a low carb diet, .22 per day on low cal and .32 per day on low carb. I think I've also felt happier and more energetic during this low carb period! I'm wearing a CGM now and if my average glucose stays where it is (around 109) I'll be down to a 5.5 a1C by my next test in June :) Yay, I'm doing it - taking control of my health!

submitted by /u/SimplicityWon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/naIXBvQ

No comments:

Post a Comment