Tuesday, April 23, 2024

BMI rant

I just wanna say that I think BMI is bullshit lol. I’m currently 227lbs 5’4” 23F and I’m at 39% BMI. Very high I know. My goal weight for now is 180lbs which is 52lbs at the start of my weight loss journey. I think that’s significant and will totally be noticeable (I’d think) when I get there.

Now the problem. If I type in the info I’m at but at 180lbs I come out to be 30% and still considered obese, when that is SIGNIFICANTLY better than what I was at the start (235lbs).

I sadly avoid the doctor for some problems that have been happening for a while and probably caused because of the weight because I know they’ll point at my weight and tell me to lose it. I’m terrified I’ll go in after I have lost significant weight and still get told to lose more since the ideal weight for my height and age is 140ish.

Off track a little, my point is if I feel good at 180 and look happy at 180 I think it’s healthy and the BMI calculator would no longer apply to me. I just wanted to rant and maybe see if anyone would agree or thoughts about it.

submitted by /u/mlitteral104
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/H2ms5p1

No comments:

Post a Comment