Saturday, April 20, 2024

Gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks after starting to work out, is this normal?

I'm a 30 yo male. I had a one-year break from the gym, but I weighted 80 kgs (176lbs) before I started working out. Now I'm up to 84 kgs (185lbs). I am in a 500-1000 calorie deficit on a daily basis. I haven't taken creatine or any supplement that would contribute to gaining water weight, but I guess water saturation is still a factor in the early stages. But, 10 lbs? I'm eating healthy, cutting calories, and working out 6 days a week. It's been two weeks and I've gained 10 pounds. Ofc I know it's neither fat nor muscle, so it must be water, right? Can muscles really hold that much water (10+lbs)? When I look at myself in the mirror, yeah, I beefed up just a little bit, but overall I cannot see any weight loss progress. Maybe there is, it's hard for me to judge.

submitted by /u/L1eb3rt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xXREpY5

No comments:

Post a Comment