Saturday, April 13, 2024

Small Victories. Small losses. Big wins.

Today I am proud of myself. I’m down about 15lbs since I started my journey in July.

Last spring my PCP fat shamed me for the last time. I set out to prove that not everything is because I’m overweight. But I struggled to lose weight.

In July I had my first appointment with the local hospitals weight loss clinic. They gave me 3 programs. The first was the most aggressive with a severe caloric deficit and a liquid diet for 4 weeks followed by metabolic screenings and weekly weigh ins and meetings. The third was regular office visits. With the middle option being a combo of 1 and 3. I chose 3. I didn’t want the weekly meetings, and the liquid diet sounded terrible and not what I was looking for.

If I’m going to lose weight I’m going to do it right and make it permanent. So this way is slower but it has worked. I weigh my food, I watch my caloric intake. I follow the diet they suggested. I have not given up my favorite foods. When I stalled out I met with a dietitian who looked at my food log and helped me make a few more changes. I drink enough water. I am doing all of the things and I am down 15 lbs. I am thrilled.

submitted by /u/Csdjb
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/GlkNJjW

No comments:

Post a Comment