Tuesday, April 9, 2024

How Effective is walking for weight loss

Hype on social media is rampant about the effects of walking for weight loss, but I’m skeptical. As someone who runs regularly, including long distance, I find the weight loss effects are minimal, so I’m struggling to believe that walking is the answer I’m looking for. I appreciate it is less stressful on the body and that I should therefore be able to do it for longer, and more often. However, if I wanted to match the calories I burn whilst running, over an average week, I would have to walk for hours every day, which doesn’t seem feasible. So I wanted to see if anyone out there can vouch for the power of walking, and if so, how often they do it and for how long, and what weight loss they see on a weekly basis.

(I realise this will be different for everyone, but it will be interesting to see what people say. Also, I realise exercise is only a part of the equation and diet is the key factor for weight loss. I am fairly good at keeping to a calorie deficit.)

submitted by /u/RollandMercy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/mMvVOgP

No comments:

Post a Comment