Monday, June 17, 2024

Back in the Healthy Weight Range!

I just reached a personal milestone, and I wanted to share it here because you guys have helped me me SO MUCH throughout this journey - I’m not done yet, but I’m close enough that I feel I can start to slow down and see how I feel now that I’m at a healthy weight again.

So, a couple of things I’ve noticed. Last time I was this weight, I was 20 and HATED my body. I couldn’t believe that I’d let myself get ‘so fat’ at 135 lbs. I cried three years ago when I read that number on the scale, and I cried again this morning when I saw it again - though for VASTLY different reasons. I have ungodly amounts of confidence now, even though I’m not quite at my goal. It’s possible that I’ve just grown up significantly in the past few years, but I feel like hot shit at this weight.

I’ve also realised just how achievable this goal actually is. Over the years as I noticed the scale going up, I tried so so hard to stick to a calorie goal. But I was cutting out food that I really loved, which led to me just giving up. I was never a binger, the weight gain was caused by a sedentary lifestyle (and a semester abroad in the states didn’t help), but I found cutting out all junk was just too hard. I also thought moderation was just restriction in a different form. But I was totally wrong. I realised that I didn’t have to be miserable to lose weight. I still go out, I still drink, I still go clubbing and eat greasy food after. But I do this once a week or less, I log it, and I move on.

So I just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this sub. I’m sure this won’t be my last post, and I’m sure I still have a long road ahead, but I know now that weight loss is not some insurmountable challenge or unrealistic dream, because of you guys.

submitted by /u/Professional_Hair995
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/sYuvzBK

No comments:

Post a Comment