Sunday, June 23, 2024

Going to try meal replacement during a big transition in my life

Hi first post here! This post is sorta a mix of an advice post and a journey post I guess. I'll try to keep it short as possible!

I'm 22/F/5'2/~300lb and I'm finally moving out of state from my abusive family and going no contact, and I'm so excited (and a bit scared) for this new chapter. A big goal I have in my new city is to become healthy and fit, it's a slow process but I'm so ready. I've struggled with binge eating for so long to cope with my abusive environment. Losing weight has always been so difficult as I could never do it healthy, it was always extreme restriction or excessive binging. In October-November, I had to go cold turkey on my psychiatric medication because I lost my Medicaid which was hidden to me by my mother, which triggered a huge binge episode. As I was getting over this episode, an abusive family member moved back into my house which led to me losing access to most of the house and being confined to me room most of the days as well as developing a "trauma touch" problem with everything in the house especially food. During this time, I basically just relied on door dash or snacks from stores by my job to eat, sometimes spiraling into binge eating. To this day, 6 months later, I'm still getting over these food habits as well as my trauma touch issue (which hopefully subsides when I move out). A family member got a bag of Ka'chava from food donations, and I've been trying it here and there. It's honestly keeping me full and satisfied for half a day. I'm heavily considering using meal replacements to deal with this big transition in my life while I learn to be healthy again and get used to the grind of sustaining a well balanced diet. I don't plan on being on meal replacement long term, just something to make the transition smoother and easier to maintain while I settle down.

Short term goals are to stay consistent on a HEALTHY calorie intake, learn how to make healthy food more desirable for me on an affordable budget, learn to "trust' foods again, cut out most junk food, go vegetarian (not entirely related to weight loss but it would help), and lose some weight.

Long terms goals are to feel better about myself, love food in a healthy way, go to the gym regularly, get in decent shape, and most of all, just heal.

I've always wanted to be healthier, for my confidence, for my health, for aesthetics, for my mental wellbeing, to not feel guilty after every meal, to be able to go shopping, to look in the mirror to be happy, to ease my chronic illness symptoms, to be the pretty girl my mom told me I'd never be able to be.

Now to the advice part lmao. Does anyone have any good replacements to Ka'chava? This is all I've tried but it's a bit pricey, I'm looking at getting Huel but I'd love to hear suggestions. Also, if anyone has great healthy recipes or hacks for people not skilled in cooking that helped them eat better, I'd love to know! If anyone has experience or advice with meal replacement, please tell me your story!

submitted by /u/SnooTigers8115
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nXvsAy3

No comments:

Post a Comment