Saturday, June 1, 2024

What are your tips for staying mentally locked into your routine?

I’m a 5’6” 24 year old female who’s been overweight or obese since I was a teenager. I started losing weight when I weighed 230lbs (2018) and went on my best streak of weight loss over 2 years to get down to 170lbs.

Over the past 4 years, I have regained some weight and yo-yo’d between 185-200lbs. I have experimented with all kinds of diet and workout regimes, found what worked for me and what didn’t. Learned I can stay away from binging if I allow myself some of my favorite sweets instead of going cold turkey, etc.

I’m still proud of myself for my initial weight loss, for not giving up, and generally improving my health and fitness despite my mistakes. But every single time I get to a weight where I start to feel confident, I start allowing myself to slip here and there and before I know it I am back up 5-10lbs. I am under 185lbs for the first time in 2 months, and this is generally when I start to have this problem.

I’m aware that this happens to me around this weight yet I can’t seem to break the cycle even after acknowledging that I’m going to start wanting to eat more. Eating clean and exercising makes me feel so good, why do I always allow myself to fall back into takeout/restaurant food/sweets?? Sometimes I don’t even crave the junk that I eat, some days I have a huge calorie deficit and I think “might as well, while I can (calorically) afford it”

What has helped you to break these habits?

submitted by /u/gaycatmom
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/G0oaeTH

No comments:

Post a Comment