Sunday, June 23, 2024

Can an physically demanding job help with weight loss?

So I'm AFAB, 23, 5'5", and 168 lbs. I got hired at a FedEx and work part-time in the unloading area. Where you're doing heavy lifting for 5 to 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, in at least 80 degree heat with no breaks (aside from going to the bathroom, refilling my water bottle, and cool down breaks if you need it and are experiencing heat illness). And these boxes can be VERY heavy, like over 100 lbs. The ones I can pick up by myself are around 50 lbs at the most, anything over that I would need to do a team lift with.

Aside from the heat it's a good job and I feel like it's good exercise but I don't know if it's enough to lose weight. My current intake is 1300 calories. Sometimes 1500 at the most. But I don't know if I should raise it due to this job. But I'm basically wondering if this is enough to lose weight while im a calorie deficit? I can't do other types of exercise like cardio because it messes with my tachycardia issues (that doctors are thinking is POTS). Even though this job is intense, it doesn't affect me as bad as jogging around the block and walking up and down the stairs does.

submitted by /u/coko_rime
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/oU7jpKY

No comments:

Post a Comment