Tuesday, June 4, 2024

You don’t need to go crazy on protein to lose weight

I’ve been seeing protein being the center of so many weight loss trends saying it keeps you full for longer so you won’t want to eat as much and you should eat 100g of protein a day, etc., and personally this hasn’t been the case for me.

I’ve been trying to lose weight for 3 months now. The first two months my diet stayed pretty similar except I was counting calories and trying to stay close to my TDEE. This wasn’t difficult but the weight wasn’t moving quickly.

The whole last month I went vegetarian and I felt like weight was coming off so much easier. I was even counting calories less and still losing weight. I still drank alcohol, ate dairy, snacked on chips just with no meat or seafood.

My main take away is you really need up your veggie intake when not eating meat and this goes hand in hand with losing weight. Higher volume, less dense foods. Also roasting any vegetable with oil salt and pepper is absolutely delicious. I didn’t feel any down sides when working out in terms of feeling fatigued easier and I cooked at home more since restaurants don’t usually have great vegetarian options which also played a role in weight loss.

If you’re specifically trying to bulk and build muscle, extra protein will help, but it feels silly to claim you need to max out on protein to lose weight. Sometimes simple is best.

TLDR: you can lose weight without maxing on protein, an anecdote.

submitted by /u/Flat_Analysis_3662
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7DgEmRe

No comments:

Post a Comment