Saturday, June 1, 2024

I know BMI get a bad rap but...

But what should I use for a gauge? I've got just a little bit of fat left to lose and I will have reached my goal, but if I get below 150lbs I will be considered underweight according to the BMI chart.

The fat in question is two maybe fist sized deposits in my lower back on either side above my hips.

I just weighed myself and I'm at 165, but probably closer to 167 actually. I'm slightly dehydrated and coming off of a fast. Not sure what the average number is but I think I carry around at least a couple pounds of food in my intestines in various stages of digestion, so that will come back over the next few days.

Anyway, is the 150lbs number okay to use as a lower limit? Can I get lighter than that?

Ive never really been able to talk to anyone in person about weight loss. Due to my body frame and having a good eye for clothes I didnt look overweight when I was at my heaviest (218 lbs) so any time I bring up weight loss goals people say stuff like "you look fine". Same thing they say when I'm over 50 lbs lighter. But that's just like...

Their opinions, man.

I want to get rid of these love handles , is the only way by reducing body fat%? Would it be more efficient at this point to eat closer to maintenance calories with just a light cut and try to build muscle mass to decrease bf% or keep cutting.

submitted by /u/Archepod
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Xsq0DE4

No comments:

Post a Comment