Wednesday, June 19, 2024

I don't understand where my drive went

About three years ago, I weighed 220 working in finance. When I changed jobs into manufacturing, something clicked and within 7 months, I was down to 170 running 3x/week, eating well, and hitting the gym at least 2x/week. I felt better than I ever have, and it gave me confidence I had never experienced. Not just from losing the weight, but knowing I did that myself. I worked hard and this is one of those things that no one else can ever look at and try to take credit for. However, last year I started at an office job barely hitting 3k steps during my work hours, and I gained every pound back. To say that was a punch to the gut is both comical and an understatement.

The thing that I can't understand is why I can't get it back. Many outside factors are the same as they were when I was more active, except now my job is just a lot more sedentary. My location isnt near any parks, and my 2 15's I have to stay on the premises. On my 30, I can leave, but I have the car 2/week (shared vehicle) and still the closest area to walk is 10 mins away. I just feel stuck. I hate even typing this because it just feels like excuse, but I feel like I had finally found myself just to lose it again.

I guess I just am hoping there are other folks out there with similar stories. I am pushing 30, and this just isn't what I wanted for myself. I keep waiting for it to click inside, but it hasnt. How do you push through? How can I get back to that point mentally where I can say, yeah this sucks bad to move but its best for me. Weight loss aside, I was so much happier then. I miss who I was.

submitted by /u/the_hottest_of_dogs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UMoKwvb

No comments:

Post a Comment