Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Mini revelation about keeping a diet and lifestyle change

We know that CICO is the de facto method of weight loss and gain, whichever way we wrap our heads around that and the actions we take to achieve it. I realized something that made me think about this differently and I think it will help me stay grounded when I start slipping and I hope this can help some of you as well.

I had some downtime at work yesterday and I hadn’t logged my calories for the previous 5 or so days - partly laziness, partly because I had a few days of big slip ups and I felt guilty and scared to actually see the numbers.

So I started working backwards trying to recall what I ate last week and after 2 or 3 days I couldn’t remember very well. That had me thinking, why do I keep giving into my urges for sweets and junk if I can’t even remember it days later? There is no lasting positive effect to be had from eating like that. You will feel gross afterwards and put yourself in a calorie surplus and gain weight (although I know a day or two over the limit is marginal - but habits add up).

Eating clean and within your parameters does have a lasting effect - weight comes off, you feel strong, energetic, confident, and you are building lifelong healthy habits.

So I’m trying to move forward with this in my mind: my brain is not going to remember what I ate 3 days ago but my body sure will, so I might as well only feed it in ways that will keep me moving towards my goals. Focus on winning the day and no need to look further than that.

I know this has been said over and over in many different ways: take it one day at a time; healthy eating makes you feel so much better; sugar addiction persists every time you eat it; and so on. But something about having to rack my brain to remember the junk I put in my body made all these things really start to click like: huh, what did I even do that for?

submitted by /u/gaycatmom
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/wN3EmhV

No comments:

Post a Comment