Monday, June 10, 2024

Food logging isn’t bullshit like I thought it was lol

Before you read this, know you can totally disagree with anything I say and that’s fine. I’m just not really looking for a debate. I’m only putting down my thoughts :)

I have gone my entire life vehemently against any sort of journaling or logging of my calories. I cannot tell you why other than I just went really really far into “calorie counting is fatphobic and so is intentional weight loss.” Which is… just not true in my opinion anymore. I’ve been a big part of the body positive movement the last few years, but honestly I think I just took it too far and put it in my brain that none of my pain and none of my disabilities are my weights fault. When in reality, yes… it really is. Obviously, not ALL of my disabilities since I was born with a few, but my weight definitely exasperates them. And obviously, everyone’s different. I still believe you can be healthy at every size, I’m just not lol. I don’t really know exactly what changed my mind, but I think it was a combination of being denied surgeries cause of my weight, being told by a HAES neurosurgeon that my weight is a big issue, and my 3X clothing getting too tight. Also the fact that I can’t stand for more than five minutes and I can’t keep up with anyone on ANY sort of walk. I used to backpack when I was younger for chrissakes. I want to get back to that.

Anyway, I’ve been using Noom for two weeks and I haven’t gotten fast food at all, when I’d regularly go through at least one drive thru a day. I drink water and tea, that’s it. I haven’t had soda in two weeks. I’ve also been moving my body more just to see what I can do. I’m up from 5 minutes on the elliptical to 15. 10 minutes on the bike to 25. And 15 minutes on the treadmill. I’ve lost 6 pounds and honestly I don’t even really feel like I’ve done MUCH. I’m just not eating fast food. I’m choosing greens or like, salmon over a burger.

That’s all I guess haha have a nice day

submitted by /u/Dope_vangogh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/0Fmb5CB

No comments:

Post a Comment