Saturday, June 1, 2024

Gym shoes

Hey everybody,

This is my first post here. I’m on my weight loss journey, at the very very beginning lol. I’ve been overweight my entire life, with varying levels of activity. I had nine surgeries in one year back in 2017, and I’ve been on what I call a bender ever since. I actually lost a lot of weight right before those surgeries, about 85 pounds, but ever since the surgeries I’ve gained 180-ish pounds and I’m pretty much completely immobile. I’ve finally come to that conclusion and I’m not okay with it, at all. I used to be a backpacker, and now I get winded walking to my kitchen. I can barely climb stairs, I cannot walk for more than five minutes, and I have tears in my hips from my weight. On top of that, I have the several spine issues I was born with, but they’re definitely worse off with this weight. I’ve been lying to myself for eight years that my issues are just from what I was born with, but that’s not true. Yes, I’m disabled, but my weight isn’t helping me at all and it needs to change.

I weighed myself three days ago for the first time in 6 months. I thought I weighed 331. I now weigh 357. I’ve downloaded a walking app, signed up at my local Y, and have been walking for 15 minutes on the treadmill the last few days. It is excruciating honestly. It hurts so bad. But I’m going to keep this up because I’m only 30 and I want to live and actually go do things outside with my friends.

Anyway, back to why I posted this. I have very limited mobility with my spine, does anyone have any recommendations for easier walking shoes to put on than regular gym shoes? Like maybe from an accessibility shop or something? I CAN put shoes on but it’s just extremely hard and I’d like to make actually getting out of my house and to the gym as easy as possible right now until I can get past the mental hurdle.

Thanks for being here. I’ve been lurking this subreddit for a week and yall are so kind to each other.

submitted by /u/Dope_vangogh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/OnU9utb

No comments:

Post a Comment