Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Do antidepressants affect your metabolism?

I’ve seen other posts like this but nobody actually speaks to whether it affects your metabolism or not, usually they just cite eating habits. I know what I’m doing when it comes to weight loss as I used to be overweight and managed to get a 6 pack through hard work and informed dieting. A few months back I fell into a very deep depression and stopped training before starting antidepressants. After this I gained all of my weight back and I’m now overweight again. I finally had enough of being out of shape and started training like I did when I first got in shape in order to take back my body. I eat at a 750 calorie deficit, eat .8g of protein per pound of body weight, workout intensely 5 times a week, and run 6 times a week. I know that I’m not doing anything wrong, but it’s been over 3 weeks and my weight hasn’t budged even a pound.

I can only think of 2 explanations: 1. I’m either putting on muscle ridiculously fast and just haven’t been able to notice yet. (I know that someone who has seriously trained in the past but gained weight has an easier time building back muscle they lost, compared to doing it the first time)

  1. The antidepressants I’ve started have affected my metabolism and what I thought would be a 750 calorie deficit is actually just maintenance.

I’m feeling very deflated because I don’t feel confident in any of my abilities, the only thing I felt good about myself was that I knew about fitness and had the drive to get in shape. But now that nothing has happened in over 3 weeks I feel like it’s impossible.

submitted by /u/throwaway88679
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vSuy3WN

No comments:

Post a Comment