Sunday, June 2, 2024

Is it too much exercise or ED?

I’ve had the craziest carb cravings lately since trying to go into “maintenance” mode after losing ~30kg over 1 year.

I can’t tell if it’s because - I exercise a lot and my body needs more carbs? Or - is it a sign of eating disorder because I’m restricting my carb intake?

Exercise: I do strength and cardio training 5-6 times per week (1-1,5h) in addition to 10-15k steps per day (80% strength, 20% cardio intervals). Love this part - it brings me a lot of joy.

Diet: Due to previous insulin resistance issues and still having PCOS, I try to eat 100-120g carbs per day (normally 150g protein, 90g fat). Do I want to eat more carbs? Yes! I definitely don’t “allow” myself to eat ice cream and candy on a daily basis. But I do have treats every now and then and try to appreciate it and have a “healthy” approach to it. Or at least I thought I was.

I hit about 2000 - 2300 kcal per day on most days - my TDEE is 2350 according to calculations. BMR ~1500 kcal.

I don’t understand why I have such cravings almost every day? My weight has been stable so I shouldn’t be undereating for the amount of exercise I’m doing?

I eat 25g fiber per day, complex carbs and vegetables, good fats, lean protein… my diet feels very balanced and filling - it’s definitely not hunger. My insulin’s resistance is gone, blood sugar very good.

And yet - these cravings… just want to stuff my face in candy, ice cream, chocolate….

I’ve tried so hard to approach the weight loss without getting any disorders and yet…. I worry I have restricted too much. Any thoughts or ideas for how to get out of this?

submitted by /u/Normal-Version2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/rUtNd1O

No comments:

Post a Comment