Thursday, June 20, 2024

Should I stop dieting??

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if I should take a diet break and try again in a few months.

I'm 5'11"m and weigh 190lb with a goal weight of 180lb. I strength train 3-4 days a week but that's about it for exercise. My weight loss has stalled for the last 3 weeks and I'm down to 1500 calories a day. All my meals are proportioned so I'm confident I'm not undercounting calories. I hit around 160g of protein per day which works out to be most of my calories. No processed foods other than protein powder. Unfortunately, I'm on antipsychotics which make it very difficult to lose weight. I've been feeling exhausted and have a lot of brain fog lately. Additionally, my workouts have really started to suffer, I can do maybe 3 solid sets and it's downhill from there.

Should I continue down this path or reverse diet for a few months and then try again?? I'd prefer not to lose a bunch of muscle mass.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Dot248
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/m0GpZPB

No comments:

Post a Comment