Friday, June 14, 2024

How to take the emotion out of losing weight?

I know this might not be a straightforward answer here but thought it was worth putting out. I had hoped I would be on a good path this year to get out of the obese category (210lb, 5 ft 7, 32F) but 6 months in and I’ve barely made any progress. I feel like I let my emotions rather than discipline rule and if I don’t see any results I end up back on the junk food and feeling useless. The amount of information on weight loss out there is so distracting as well and keep getting sucked in to the promised next best solution.

It’s driving me crazy to be going nowhere and I just wish I could shut my brain off and live healthier without overreacting to any negative result or thinking “maybe this approach will work better”. Maybe I just lack discipline and treat any good or bad occasion to fall into overindulgence but this what I know. It’s my comfort zone to overeat but I’m also unhappy which I don’t want to be anymore. It feels like there’s an inner fat woman who doesn’t want to make any changes and she’s the one in the driving seat right now. If I eat half my usual portion, skip the alcohol, say no to fries it’s like this cruel voice in my head says “wait, this isn’t you! You need to eat more! If you think you can keep this up, you won’t, sooner or later those pounds are going back on because you’re a failure.” I know that probably sounds crazy but this is what it’s like every time I try to change.

How can I just shut my brain off and get on with it rather than having this internal battle every time which insures my size stays the same? :(

submitted by /u/Youvegottheshinning
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/GtAcNWJ

No comments:

Post a Comment