Sunday, June 30, 2024

Count. Your. Darn. Calories. 🤦‍♀️

So here is a tale from a recovered but delusional "muh body defies laws of thermodynamics " "muh low thyroid" "I have the lowest metabolism in the UNIVERSE!" person. 🤡

I even posted here complaining about the mysteries of the workings of my body and its ability to hold on to fat while I'm basically STARVING.

The truth is, when someone would ask if I'm counting my calories I would say "Yes", and actually kinda believe it. translation - I'm guesstimating the calorie content in my food pretty well right? I mean it felt like I barely eat anything anyway... I mean I'm counting my main meals and I pretty much know the calorie content in my snacks...

How would weighing and counting every single thing that goes in my mouth make a huge difference when it feels like I'm literally starving myself? My biggest justification for not counting everything was "It won't be sustainable because I can't count calories forever so I have to learn to guesstimate some things". Actually, you CAN count forever, a small price to pay to stay at your desired weight.

After I truly started counting my calories religiously, guess what, I was losing EXACTLY the amount of weight calorie counters predicted at current deficit. Yep, I actually didn't have a freakishly rare metabolism dysfunction after all believe it or not.

So don't be lying to yourself. If you're not counting EVERY single thing that goes in your mouth, you're not counting (I mean generally, of course I don't mean like not counting a grape will ruin it or anything). Counting your "big" meals and not snacks doesn't count either BTW.

This is why everyone is giving you the side eye when you're saying you're counting calories and not losing weight. Some of us have been there.

I do want to put a disclaimer that some do have rare conditions that hold back weight loss, but these are exceedingly rare. Plateaus are a thing as well. And this all applies x 10 for shorties out there because we have such razor thin margins because our maintenance is low as it is, even one snack can make the difference between losing and not losing weight unfortunately.

submitted by /u/womenarenice
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xmVgu7L

No comments:

Post a Comment