Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Stubborn midsection weight despite loss in every other area?

Hi all, I've been working on weight loss for the last few months now, and since the beginning of April, I've lost almost 25 pounds, which is a big deal for me due to my health issues, and I'm pretty proud of myself for accomplishing this simply through diet and walking.

My health issues mostly stem from my spine, and they affect A LOT. I have neck issues where if I bend the wrong way (which are most ways) or do things like sneeze too hard, I end up with a stiff, sore neck that causes me to have a cough I can't control, which ends up hurting my throat, so I have to be gentle with my neck. I have bad lower back/lumbar issues where, if I bend/twist/put pressure on it/exert myself, etc., even sitting on certain surfaces, I end up with awful pain, leg cramps, and pelvic flare-ups that cause painful urination, stuff like that. So I have to be REALLY gentle with myself.

I've gone from 180 down to 157, by cutting out or going easy on a lot of different foods, trying to stay under 1500 calories a day, and walking. I walk a LOT. I can't run, but I sure can walk, and it's been wonderful to be able to see this progress. Problem is, my goal was to lose as much of my belly fat as I can, because it's clearly affecting my lower back, with what I'm carrying there, seeing as it's directly opposite from where my back pain is.

My question is: are there ways to target belly fat like this, or focus on that area, in ways that aren't going to hurt my back? Like maybe in bed core exercises or something like that? I can't do yoga stuff, and most PT exercises tend to set off my flare-ups almost immediately. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be super appreciated. Thanks!!

submitted by /u/djdiphenhydramine
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/MWHcwBZ

No comments:

Post a Comment