Tuesday, June 11, 2024

First month of calorie counting! -4,4kg

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my experience of my first month of calorie counting!

Since I was in middle school I started having problems with my weight that kept increasing year after year while my height didn't change. I went from 55 to 83kg, I still remember how hard I tried to diet to be under 60kg, then under 65, under 70 and so on.

I reached 80 kg last August and that broke me. I decided to change my life and started to take an hour long walk during my lunch break, tried some light workout at home and started focusing on eating more healthy and plant based food. In a couple of months I felt great, instead of walking I started jogging, and I never felt that great I'm my life until I weighted myself again. 83kg. I was so discouraged. Nothing seemed to work. Even my panties didn't fit me anymore. I was so frustrated and ashamed of myself, I couldn't look at my reflection in the mirror without a feeling of disgust.

But life continued, and then at the beginning of April 2024 I injured my back while running and I ignored it until it got worse and was forced to be bedridden from the mid April til the end of May. I started to eat less and less because of the pain and because everybody seemed to tell me that if I weighted less, I could have not gotten injured. The pain was so strong and I was so scared and anxious that it could have been something serious that would affect my life forever so I promised myself that this was the time I'll finally lose all that extra weight.

I decided to start calorie counting and downloaded the app Yazio (bought also the pro version to force me to stay accountable at least for 3 months). It was a gamechanger! I learned lots of things about the food and its macros, for example I didn't know that lentils were full of carbs, I always considered them a source of protein (I used to eat rice + lentis + a vegetable ) or also how full of carbs were fruits! I'm not demonizing carbs but just that made me realize how easily I coud eat 80% carbs 5% protein and 15% fat while thinking I was eating "healthy".

This first month of calorie counting was surprisingly easy, due to the fact that I was bedridden most of the time and all the graphs in Yazio that helped me see my weight loss more like a game, with eating less than 1500kcal and trying to balance macros as my daily quests. At the same time I increased my fasting going from 16:8 to 20:4 to 23:1, mostly because I didn't have the time to eat since May was a super busy month at work (I work from home).In 30 days I lost more than 4kg while still having a cheat meal/day a week! I feel so happy because I haven't been this "light" since 2022. If anyone has Yazio feel free to add me and let's support each other in this adventure! https://to.yazio.com/X217Q

submitted by /u/TheSinOfEnvy99
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vINDuX9

No comments:

Post a Comment