Thursday, June 6, 2024

Weight Loss Victory! (Trigger Warning: SA)

I (17/m) was a victim of SA when I was 8 and ever since then I've had a lot of trouble with comfort eating (eating for emotional reasons, not hunger). Due to my trouble with this, my parents/therapist, over the years, have kept me on a pretty healthy diet but I admittedly have snuck/hid things or overindulged sometimes when I was away from the home dinner table with friends, and I do have some extra pounds. Now that I'm older I've been kind of given more freedom (not 100%) to make my own choices, but it kind of worries me, because, for example, when I'm an adult soon and move out of the house, no one will be there to menu plan/grocery shop for me and I'm on my own. It's been a little more difficult with more freedom to not snack and I worry I will lose my will power with complete freedom.

With that said, I've decided to go on a diet and start exercising once and for all, and really learn about healthy eating, and stick to it before that time!

I'm really happy to report that I've lost 5 pounds so far! It makes me feel so happy to go down on the scale not up! I've decided that I want to for myself and simply for the fact that my abuser cannot affect my life in that regard any longer! It feels like a victory for me and AGAINST him. I also would like to feel more attractive for my girlfriend, even though she would accept me any way I come, I still feel it's important for my hopefully long life with her!

I just wanted to share my victory with people who may understand the unique struggle we face. This isn't the end, though, and this isn't just a diet but a complete lifestyle change! :)

submitted by /u/Artistic_Dalek
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/8Z03lw7

No comments:

Post a Comment