Monday, June 10, 2024

Why are people suffering through weight loss?

I went back and forth about posting this because I don’t typically enjoy being critical of what others eat and I don’t want to come off that way, but I genuinely want to start a dialogue on this topic. I’m part of a lot of groups related to weight loss, calorie deficits nutrition etc and I see some very “sad” restrictive meals. For example I saw someone having what they called dessert and it was a rice cake with peanut butter on it. I see countless examples of this and I wonder where it stems from, is it a need to punish themselves through food as a way to be “good” or is it lack of understanding of nutrition, both, or something else? I say this as someone who has definitely been uniformed about nutrition and just operating based on colloquial understanding of what is “healthy” and also as someone with an eating disorder trying to punish myself. I just started learning so much about nutrition through calorie counting and it has really been enlightening. I don’t restrict any food groups, but prioritize, fiber, and protein, and I never feel truly restricted despite eating 1200 to 1300 calories a day. I still eat everything I did before but opt for low calorie/low fat versions of ingredients to stay in my deficit. I also do have a background knowing how to cook so I wonder if that is a factor as well for people eating unenjoyable meals while trying to lose weight. I hope this doesn’t come off as judgemental! TIA

submitted by /u/One_Lemon_2598
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/TVLun6i

No comments:

Post a Comment