Monday, June 17, 2024

Messed up on my diet for a week or two, was dreading getting back on the scale, but it wasn’t so bad

I started at about 258 lbs, and, after many attempts, finally started to get somewhere with my weight loss. I eventually got down to ~233 lbs in a few months and I was so happy with my progress. My long-term goal is somewhere in the 160-180 range, so I had and do have a long way to go, but I was just happy I finally found some consistency.

But then I had to attend a few family gatherings, graduations, etc…and I really just couldn’t pay attention at all to my diet for about a week or two. I was so worried that I had totally lost so much of my progress, and I was dreading getting back on the scale to see the damage, but after doing that today I weighed in at 236!

Which isn’t bad at all. Not so long ago I was ecstatic to see myself at that weight for the first time. And it’s something I can definitely recover from in probably a week or less. So I guess maybe those small lifestyle changes i’ve been trying to make while strictly calorie counting stuck around even when I wasn’t calorie counting and I was eating out with family.

So just sharing in case anyone is feeling any guilt or sadness about inevitable hiccups with their weight-loss journeys that are out of your control. I promise haven’t thrown away all your progress, and you’re probably doing a bit better than you expect. Proud of all of us who are struggling through the ups and downs of all of this. Now to get back on the horse :)

submitted by /u/Swankyyyy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Bbg4hFx

No comments:

Post a Comment