Tuesday, June 25, 2024

I finally encountered my first plateau

So, to my frustration, I've finally hit that first plateau in my weight loss. My scale hasn't budged in 3 weeks, and I'm aware of my current plan/ habits. I start my day with a core power 150 calories in this guy), one, because I can't get myself to rise early enough for breakfast, and two, because I know I need more protein (plus I'm never hungry in the morning). They work, and I don't find myself hungry when lunch hour comes around. Lunchtime I usually have half the plate filled with fruit and some kind of cheese, be it a cheese stick or a handful of crackers and cheddar, and my main entree consists of a low carb sandwich. Think a keto tortilla with some kinda lunch meat, mayo, pickle or cucumber, no cheese because I'm a nutcase according to my family. Usually it runs me between 300-500 calories. I don't drink anything but water. Dinner tends to fluctuate but I keep it in the range of 550-650 calories. Like maybe a roast with some potatoes, a bowl of whole wheat spaghetti and some sauce, etc. I'm poor so I don't spend a lot on meat, but I keep my calorie count between 1650-1750, and couple it with regular exercise. Usually only 25-30 minutes a day, or if I get carried away (Sunday night, yikes, 45 minutes and lemme tell ya I was SORE the next day) So with everything, I'm a little chuffed that I plateaued so quickly. I'm 18 pounds down, but it's been like this for weeks! I should also add that I struggle with PCOS but I am on birth control for it, so it shouldn't (theoretically) be the issue. I guess, details aside- what did you end up doing to get over a plateau? My plan has been to just keep at it, and hope for the best. I figured, eventually my body will get back with the program, right? But, I'm no expert. I'd appreciate any thoughts on the matter!

submitted by /u/Sunny_pancakes_1998
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QVZ5UEK

No comments:

Post a Comment