Tuesday, May 28, 2019

A coworker told me I can’t get to my goal weight because I’m too old. I’m 21.

This has been bothering me all week, so I’m venting about it here. I’m 21 years old, 5’4” and weigh about 137-140 pounds depending on whether I have my period or not. Right now I do, and I felt extra bloated, and was talking to some coworkers about how as I’ve gained weight, I bloat much more easily. I told them about how I’ve been starting to make some changes lifestyle-wise, and how I’m trying to get back to my high school weight (around 126 pounds). So we’re all discussing different workouts, our favorite low calorie snacks, when my one work buddy, a fifty year old woman, tells me that I won’t be able to get back to my high school weight. It’s impossible, my body has changed. I understand that bodies change over time, but it’s only been four (FOUR!!!) years since I’ve weighed that much. It was such a different response than I’m used to getting. Most people I’ve discussed weight loss with have told me to go for it, that I’m young and that if I eat right the weight will fall right off. Since I’m already pretty moody this week (thanks a lot Mother Nature) I keep feeling like I should just give up. What if she’s right? What if this is the lowest weight I can be now?

submitted by /u/IllGetAbsEventually
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2EDlduQ

No comments:

Post a Comment