Friday, May 31, 2019

Just Wanna Say Thanks for Helping Me Drop 100 Pounds

Back in 2018, when I was 17, I weighed 335 pounds (I'm 5'6 btw). I hated my body, I hated my life, I was depressed, no self esteem whatsoever, and I wasn't in a place where I could ask for help.

I ended up desperate, and thinking gastric bypass was the only way out. So I went to a weight loss clinic. They wanted me to come to 6 months of visits to make sure I was fit for the surgery, and I THANK GOD for that. If I had had the choice right then and there, I would've gotten it. But after a couple weeks of thinking about it, and thinking about my mom's complications from her gastric bypass surgery, I decided not to have it done.

So I looked online for answers. I was never taught about calories or anything from my family, or at school, so I didn't really know where to start. I ended up finding this sub, and I made a post somewhere (pretty sure deleted by now bc I'm self conscious lol) asking for help. I cried while I typed it out. The people who responded were really understanding and caring and were basically like "Hey its okay, I've been there and here's how to get through it." and it was so nice to hear that and their advice helped me so much.

I just hit 235 today (I still plan to loose more) and I just wanted to say thanks to you guys on here for not bullshitting me with some stupid diet or weight loss pill and actually informing me about CICO.

submitted by /u/sunsuede
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Z0Wfx0

No comments:

Post a Comment