Friday, May 31, 2019

Retired athlete struggling with weight loss & anxiety

Hi there, not completely sure where to begin. I am a 22yo female who was an athlete for 16 years. My athletic career ended when I was 19, and that’s when a lot of things started to change in my life.

At 19 I was still working out and maintaining a healthy lifestyle and diet. But right before I turned 20 I had a major panic attack. I mean really major, my heart rate spiked above 150bpm and I had to go to the ER. Ever since then I’m terrified of my heart rate becoming elevated past a certain point. I guess it’s sorta like PTSD from my first panic attack and all of the ones I’ve had after that one.

I miss being able to work out like I used to. Being able to do cardio & really get after a workout. I have since gained a good amount of weight back. I am currently 5’5” and 190lbs. When I am healthy and in shape I weight between 145 to 155.

I’m really just reaching out for advice on exercises and things that could be beneficial to me with the current situation I am in. I’d truly appreciate any advice. Thanks guys

submitted by /u/celestivlnighthvwk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Ifqc65

No comments:

Post a Comment