Tuesday, May 28, 2019

First time runner, ROAD TO MARATHON!

So I started my weight loss journey in early March and have always struggled with running due to pains in my shins that become unbearable and made me move to Low impact cardio such as the bike which become very boring very fast.

As I dropped pounds I kept going back and trying harder to see if there was any change and yet still i couldn't do longer than 5/10 minutes and under 1Km every run which really disheartened me due to my long term goal being able to complete a Marathon.

Recently however I've been so determined and decided I'd just go as slow as needs be and try to do a little bit more each time without tracking my progress as such, but going outdoors around my local lake seeing if I can go a little but further each time. Progress started slow but seemed to be improving until today I decided to jump back on the treadmill and completely track my run to see how far I could go without stopping...

Today I managed to complete a 5km run without stopping or walking once and out of all the progress I've managed to make so far, this is by far the biggest improvement for me, i know it's not major in the grand scheme of things but from where I started to now I'm over the moon!

Ps. Not sure why I'm posting this but long time lurker and that's what this is for for right Haha! Also may be able to give others a but of hope idk.

submitted by /u/anon92341
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Wb6gLh

No comments:

Post a Comment