Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Not all the way there, but you've all kept me consistent

I'm happy, I'm genuinely happy. I never thought I'd reach this point, I'm not even at my end goal with my body and I'm going to keep improving, but I'm actually happy where I am.

I've lost 24kg/52lbs/3.8 stone, 282lbs - 230lbs, it sounds stupid but I imagine my weight loss so far as half of what Josh Peck lost and that makes it seem so much more, I just remember his weight loss being the first that ever inspired me as a kid.

Progress Pics - https://imgur.com/a/KijYR7Qhttps://imgur.com/a/cYCW9JI

I'm no expert on health and weight loss but reading other people talk about their experiences on this subreddit is what kept me consistent if I ever had a binge or put any weight back on during these past 5 months.

It sounds like a cliche and I always used to dismiss it as such before I started sorting my life out but consistency is so key, I used to think it meant that if I had a bad day I'd ruin everything, I'd ruin my consistency and everything would be for nothing, but for me it's all about getting back to it after you fuck up. I've had a few celebrations to attend, a few binge Sundays and plenty more, but you've got to get back to it.

I've roughly been having 1500-2500 calories a day depending on how hungry I've been/what I've been craving, I drink a lot of water and zero calories soft drinks, I realise in an ideal world I'd steer clear of soft drinks entirely but, this is the real world, I'm human, and I really want a Pepsi Max.

It's frustrating at first, but small changes and baby steps are the best way in my experiences, I started out in December by cutting out sugary drinks, just drinking more water and switching to their zero counterparts. In January I started working out, just a short 20 minute weight routing and then I'd walk 5k, I'd try to run, but after about 30 seconds of jogging I was pretty sure I was about to die.

I'd walk 5k 3-5 times a week depending on how much time I had, and I'd just try to beat my best time every few weeks, I figured every time I'm a few pounds lighter, and my lungs were more used to the workout then I could beat my time, with that method I've gone from over an hour to just over 32 minutes for a 5k run, I'm not Mo Farah, but I'm the best I've ever been.

It feels like a lifestyle now, I don't feel like I'm on a diet, the accumulation of small changes has led me to a new lifestyle and not just the crash diets that I've done in the past and rebounded. I've been eating maintenance calories for the past month because ya boi needed a break, but now I'm ready to go again, ready to fail, ready to gain, ready to lose, and be all the better for it in another 6 months.

I'll go back to lurking and being silently inspired by everyone on here, we'll all get there one day.

submitted by /u/xSpicyTakes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2YYgb3Y

No comments:

Post a Comment