Tuesday, May 28, 2019

I finally learned how to manage my weight while staying at home!

I am a 28 year old female who is 5'8 and weighs 150 pounds. My Mom has been diagnosed with cancer and I have been taking an active role in her treatment planning. This involves A LOT of appointments and when I was working I felt like a total failure since it was extremely hard to be a model employee but also be there emotionally for my Mom. I finally bit the bullet and left my job so I could spend more time with my Mom. This led to an unexpected stasis in weight loss.

I used to be 180 pounds and over the past I want to say 5 months I have gone down to 150 pounds. Most of this was do to CICO but my job helped a lot. My job was very active so only on the job I was walking an average of six miles a day. When I stayed at home that went down to about 2000 a day. This led to me being at 151 pounds for two weeks. Thankfully I was eating at maintenance so while I wasn't gaining any weight, I wasn't losing either.

I would like to say I finally found out how to stay within my "cutting" calorie count! I count every thing and I keep a calculator on my phone. There is some guestimation when I don't know exactly what I am eating. I am a budding cake decorator so lots of practice scraps. Lol. I set my total for how many calories I can eat that day and once I reach it or just under it I quit. No excuses, nothing but water after that. It may seem a little hardcore but I don't have the rigid lunch schedules I did at work and when I tried to impose them on myself at home they did not work.

I have a horrible habit of boredom eating so this seems to work best for me. I really struggled with not getting enough exercise as well so I now make sure that I am spending more time doing chores, practicing designs, dancing, something instead of just chilling all the time with my Mom (that still takes up a good part of my day though).

I am happy to have figured out a technique that works for me since I could have really back slid and I hope this helps anyone else who has suddenly gone from extremely high pace to a slower lifestyle.

submitted by /u/SignificantSwimmer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2YUe80t

No comments:

Post a Comment