Thursday, May 30, 2019

Re-starting in a whole new direction

So after dabbling in protein shakes, IF, IE and a few other diets in between for a really long time (~12 years) it has finally and clearly dawned on me that my enemies all along have been:

  1. Lack of knowledge of portions and caloric content of meals
  2. Lack of nutritious diet (There were days when cheese popcorn was dinner)
  3. Overdoing on restriction.

I started a couple of weeks ago, and decided to opt only for smaller portions (eg. regular cup of latte instead of the large), always eat on time, always eat three meals, and to not eat at a fast food outlet. The first few days I saw no improvement, but 2 weeks later I am down 2kgs, thank God!

I started at 91.7kg (202lbs) and I know from past experience that I can go down to 87kg (191 lbs) easily, but I struggled to go below that because I always plateau at that weight. I had put off re-starting weight loss because I wasn't sure what to do after I hit that plateau. Now I have just told myself that I will worry about it when I get there, but I have some doubts - - what if I am never able to go below that plateau?

submitted by /u/ISurvivedDV
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2VZ4kkd

No comments:

Post a Comment