Friday, May 31, 2019

What weight loss cliche/mantra/strategy just isn't true for you?

I was recently watching a video that said something along the lines of "Losing weight won't help you love your body. If you hate yourself when you're overweight, you'll still hate yourself once you've lost the weight." I'm sure many of you have similarly heard this mantra many times before. But for me, I pretty much hated my body my whole life until I lost weight, and now I love it. I have been maintaining for nearly 2 years now and I still love looking in the mirror, admiring how much better clothes fit me. And it's entirely because I lost weight.

Then there are also less vain ways that I love myself more that were kickstarted by my weight loss. At first, I subscribed to the whole 1200 calorie pizza and ice cream diet. But due to weight loss + motivation to maintain and feel good, now I eat mostly healthy and balanced, I avoid stuffing myself, I used to exercise excessively but now I have a much more reasonable/healthy relationship with exercise, I make a conscious effort to walk more. And I am making a conscious and continuous effort to improve my health, a journey which I expect to be on my whole life.

So yeah that mantra just isn't true for me, and I was wondering if any of you had any similar stories with some other (or the same) weight loss 'cliche'.

submitted by /u/PlainSlim
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2XeH1Ei

No comments:

Post a Comment