Thursday, May 30, 2019

NSV: I’m in Day 8 of my first plateau, and surprisingly not freaking out!

Stats: 34m / 5'8 / SW: 212 / CW: 187 / GW: ??? / Day 46

Diet: 1600cal max a day / 18:6 IF (2x meals & 1x snack) / Scale meal prepping with lots of lean protein and veggies w/ minimal-to-no carbs. I cut out alcohol as well.

Activity: Averaging 10-12k steps a day + random cardio and free weight exercises in my basement gym here and there until I build out a proper gym plan. I’m not eating back my workout calories.

Hello r/loseit friends!

So I started this journey at 212 pounds on 4/15, and have had a pretty steady decline in weight loss the following 5-6 weeks. It was thrilling to say the least.

Now I’ve been stalled at 187 pounds for the past week-and-a-half. I was told this would happen but in my newbie ignorance shrugged it off and convinced myself that it wouldn’t happen to me. I mean, there’s no way you can’t lose weight at such a controlled calorie deficiency. Right?

But, you know what, I’m OK with it. I haven’t once hesitated these past 8 days or so. I’ve kept up with calorie counting, and even increased my workouts a bit as well. Even though the scale is not moving, I’m still noticing differences in my body. My chest and gut feel tighter, and my clothes feel looser. Something is happening I say!

Not really sure what the point of this post was, but just thought I’d post it as a reminder to myself and others to stay strong during your plateaus! Hang in there!

submitted by /u/cheddarmakesitbetter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2JN7NjX

No comments:

Post a Comment